Thursday, May 22, 2008

Door #1

I chose my apparel, I wore a beer barrel, and they rolled me to the very first row.
Then I held up a sign and it said, Kiss me I'm a baker and Monty I sure need the dough.
And then I grabbed him by the throat until he called on me.
'Cause my whole world lies waiting behind door number three.

Now I don't want what Jay's got on the table.
Or the box Carol Marol points to on the floor.
No I'll hold out as long as I am able
And someday I'll go unlock that lucky door.

They found us in the lost and found
Love was blind but now I see,
That my whole world lies waiting
Behind door number three.

And aint it hard to realize
He aint sellin' any alabies
As he stares into the vacuum of your eyes
And he says, Do you wanna' make a deal?

I know, I know, it's door number 1. And these are part of the lyrics to 'Door number three' by Steve Goodman. Just gonna' have to be close enough.

Oh, Monty, Monty Monty, I am walking down your Hall.
I got beat, lost my seat but I not a man to crawl
No I didn't get rich, you son of a bitch, I'll be back just wait and see
'Cause my whole world lies waiting behind door number three

Yes my, whole world lies waiting behind door number three,
Or was it one?

3 comments:

Profile Not Available said...

Funny post, great photo! I remember that program!

Anonymous said...

This one I like

Virginia said...

Great old door with so much character. I love old doors too!